Top Posts & Pages
- I'm A Trans Woman. How Can I *Not* Be A Pretendbian?
- Tobi and Her Ladystick - at a Female-Only Space Near You!
- Desperate Trans Wacktavists are Desperate
- Stay In Lane
- Why Pretendbians?
- Trans Critical Blogs - Because It's Legal to Disagree with You
- Dear OK Cupid
- Pretendbian Dick-tionary
- What is that big ax?
- Statement on "Bullying"
Category Archives: Not a Pretendbian!
And this, for some reason:
Emily Dickinson (1830–86). Complete Poems. 1924.
Part One: LifeLXI
One of the things that really angers all NBP people is how sig people just do not recognise their sig privilege. So this post is to educate you on the sig privilege that you have, even if you do not recognise it.
You have sig privilege if:
1. Strangers don’t assume they can ask you how you can be alive if you are not breathing.
2. Your validity as a human being is not based upon how accurately other people view your status as an alive person
3. Strangers do not ask you if you have mental health problems or are “fucking crazy”
4. People do not purposefully disrespect you by constantly saying that you are breathing and pointing to your chest whilst arguing that natural movements are a sign that you are lying and you are breathing
5. If you tell people you are a breathing person, you do not get lots of ridicule and questions about your alive status
6. You are not expected to explain to strangers, family and friends why you wear a surgical mask, how you knew you were a NBP person, or whether your NBP status is attention seeking or a sign of mental health problems
7. You do not get people calling your GP with their “concerns” when you disclose your NBP status
8. You do not get people using breagenist words like sigh, or gasping, purposefully trying to oppress and invalidate your existence, even though you have already explained they are being breagenist
Please recognise you have sig privilege that NBP people do not have.
“Dicks are dangerous. They belong to males. Males are dangerous. Not all males, but enough to fuck things up. Fucking things up, overwhelmingly, for females. Stop denying this. Stop denying the dangers posed to females by males. Nobody is saying that every dude is a rapist, but enough are to warrant women’s suspicion of every dude. It’s offensive as hell that these dicksplaining assholes are ridiculing women for being concerned with their own safety and well-being. I’m not even female and dudes and their dicks scare me. I say this as a gay male who has been a victim of sexual violence at the hands of another male. I say this as a gay male who knows well the dangers of dick given the threat of HIV/AIDS and other STIs in the gay male community. Dudes and our dicks are dangerous. Dangers of dick: disease and possible resulting death, rape, pregnancy, pregnancy complications, post-natal complications, abortion, and on and on. Dick danger denialism is delusional. By engaging in it you are doing injustice to those harmed by dudes and their dicks, the vast majority of whom are female. Stop it now.” – GNQ.
It’s “Allecto,” you men’s rights activist, you!
Today I received the following text message from 1-717-574-8727. It says: “How can you say you’re a feminist when you actively stalk and harass other women? What do you possibly gain from making yet another woman feel unsafe for simply existing?”